Thursday, October 9, 2014

Whisper

Who am I to plan for tomorrow when I cannot safely say what will happen in the next five minutes? We must write in our spiritual calendars with pencil because pen is too painful to erase. You, Oh Lord, often share your most intimate messages through a whisper. A shout overcomes the ears but a whisper penetrates the heart. “Draw near to me and I will draw near to you.” [James 4:8] 
All of our most impactful relations as humans are shared intimately, near and close to each other. To draw near to the Creator of the Universe-so close that the breath of his nostrils is felt against your skin and His whisper can be heard-my soul trembles at the thought. How incredibly unworthy are we. How magnificent Yahweh’s love that He would rather draw us in close with His whisper, near enough to hear His heartbeat, than shout to us from a distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment